How Can I Help?
You live somewhere. Please volunteer to be an Ambassador in a state. Your mission will be to connect to the LGBT groups in the state, advocate to a state legislator to submit a bill, thank those who do submit a bill, and continue to advocate for its eventual passage.
You do something. Bring that skill to the 50 Bills 50 States team. Here are our general teams of volunteers, but you should feel free to suggest other opportunities:
- Website: We need the front end, back end, and every other end covered to make sure the hundreds of volunteers are connected and can stay engaged.
- Outreach: We need press release writers, media management, photographers, graphic designers, copy writers, social media management, and more to get the message out far and wide.
- Research and Legal: The amount of deadlines and legal needs are staggering. Help us keep on track. We also need to have the best reports and research ready to respond.
- Historical: We have an author and cinematographer capturing our progress but maybe you have another idea on how to make sure the movement doesn’t fade away.
- School Network: This subproject will seek to connect colleges and universities in every state to support efforts to protect LGBT youth from conversion therapy.
- Church Network: This subproject will seek to connect religious groups in every state to support efforts to protect LGBT youth from conversion therapy.
You know someone. The most fascinating part of this movement so far is someone always knows someone. We need connections from constituents to LGBT and Equality groups to ask them to be Partners. We need financial support for our work from donors. And we need people to learn about us. Tell them about us.